The death of a loved one is something that you can never prepare for, it is unexpected and unfair but it is a reality that is inevitable.
The cycle of life is usually unpredictable but when it comes to death, one will need to find how to cope with the loss of a loved one to help facilitate the healing process.
The loss of a family member can be heartbreaking even more so, the loss of a mother. It is not an easy circumstance to accept but somehow, you’ll have to deal with it. I won’t tell you that the pain fades away, it lingers on most of the time. Some days will be better than the others but you must hold on to the good memories, they’ll most likely help you feel better.
With time, the fond memories slowly become a dominant feeling replacing the sorrow and sadness, and then comes the death anniversaries as reminders of the loss suffered. There are befitting ways to celebrate a death anniversary in order to accord the most love and respect to your mom. It doesn’t always have to be a sad event, it is an opportunity to say prayers for a departed loved one and can be a memorial to reflect on the life and times of your dear mother.
For some, the pain fades as the years go by, for others, it’s not the same. Whatever the case is for you, hold those fond memories close to your heart. I have been able to put down some heartfelt words to help you celebrate your mother’s 6 months, a year and 2 years death anniversary and these words are also valid for other years of anniversary and beyond 2023.
Go ahead and find a piece that resonates with you, pretty sure you’ll find some.
Mother’s Death Anniversary Quotes
Death anniversaries can bring lots of emotions; either of fond memories or an awoken feeling of pain but celebrating it with heartfelt quotes can help relieve. These quotes will help you celebrate your mother’s death anniversary in the best way to the honour of your mom.
1. The heart never forgets those who are most dear to it. I’m putting out a reminder on your death anniversary, that I’ll never forget you.
2. My dearest mother, although you are gone from this world, you are forever in my heart from now till my last breath.
3. Love never dies!
Mom, the love I have for you is something that will never fade away no matter what happens.
4. On your death anniversary today, I remember you with the fondest memories and the beautiful moments that we shared.
You are deeply missed.
5. I still haven’t gotten over your death, I’m not sure I will.
I know that you are in a better place, continue to rest peacefully.
6. Some days I’m ok, other days I’m not.
In all, I will continue to remind myself of the amazing mother you were to me and my siblings.
7. Mom, there’s not a day that goes by where I don’t get to think of you and all that you mean to me.
Today being your death anniversary, the thoughts are quite intense.
8. Some years may have passed but thoughts of you are evergreen in my heart.
Today being your death anniversary, I need you to know that I love you always.
9. It hasn’t been easy living life without you, my sweet mother.
I’m strengthened by your faith in God when you were here, trusting that you are in a much better place.
10. On your death anniversary mom, all I can say is this: I love you so much and I miss you immensely.
11. Life has never been the same since your demise, my dear mom.
I’m however inspired by the beautiful life that you lived as I continue to follow your footsteps and do even greater things.
12. My dear mother, when you left this world, a vacuum was created in my heart, one that can never be filled by anyone.
13. It’s another anniversary and I still miss you in ways that I can’t even begin to describe.
Mom, it still doesn’t feel real at all.
14. To my wonderful mother who had my back every step of the way, I still lack words to say on yet another of your death anniversary, please bear with me.
15. Mom, your death has changed me forever and I genuinely do not mind.
I’ll carry you with me always.
16. Some say that the pain fades as the years go by.
It’s another anniversary of your death and I honestly do not know what to feel just yet.
I miss you, mom.
17. For comfort sake, I have chosen to cling to the memories of your smiles and the echoes of your laughter.
It’s another anniversary and I have to deal with your death all over again.
I miss you, mom.
18. I have come to terms with the fact that I may never get over your death and maybe it’s not an entirely bad thing because the beautiful memories are slowly suppressing the pain.
19. I still think of how you fondly call my name and how you tell me that everything will be alright.
Every of your death anniversary puts it all into perspective.
20. I miss you every day but on your death anniversaries, I miss you the most.
Mom my life hasn’t been the same since you left.
1 Year Death Anniversary Messages for Mom
Losing your mom will never be an easy thing to deal with and even after a year, the pain may still linger (that’s okay too).
You can read out a couple of my 1 year death anniversary messages for your mom to convey some thoughts and feelings.
21. Mom, I can’t believe that it has been a whole year since you passed on to eternal life.
We still miss you here but assured that you are resting in peace.
22. I don’t know how to feel today but all I have to say is that I miss you, mom.
A year without you has felt like forever.
23. Mom a year without you feels like a lifetime and I don’t know how I’ll cope going forward so I put my trust in God as I pray for comfort.
24. I have been with you all my life so not having you here feels so abnormal.
I don’t know what to do on some days but I’ll hold on to your love and beautiful moments shared.
25. Your absence was felt greatly this past year and coming to the realisation that it will stay this way forever has also been a painful pill to swallow.
26. Sometimes I get lost in your memories and I wouldn’t mind because that’s how I have been able to survive this past year without you.
27. I don’t know if I’m ever going to get used to not have my mother around.
Our home is so empty without you.
28. We have managed to go an entire year without you(something I never thought was possible) but here we are.
I miss you mom and the one year anniversary of your death is here to remind me of that.
29. I wasn’t sure of how I was going to cope with your death but it’s your one year death anniversary so I guess that I have just been living it out one day at a time.
Mom, I miss you so much.
30. Dear mom, I have absolutely no idea how I have managed to stay without you for a whole year but then again, you are forever in my heart.
31. I believe that you are watching over me because it feels that way most of the time.
Know this mom, one year without you hasn’t been easy at all.
32. It feels like yesterday when you left us behind yet it has been a whole year.
Nothing has felt the same without you in our lives mom, nothing.
33. This one year has been the longest and toughest but you taught me so much about staying strong during difficult periods.
I’ll continue to remember you.
34. Mom, the pain of your death still lingers on.
Everyone says it will fade with time, it’s been a year since you died but I still feel the pain like it was just yesterday.
35. I wish you were still here mom, there’s still so much I want to say to you. One year gone from this world and still forever in my heart.
36. I wanted you to live a long and happy life but here we are.
I didn’t plan for this, how could I have known.
My life isn’t complete without you, mom and it’s sad that it will remain this way.
37. It’s been a year since your departure from this world and yet I still haven’t come to terms with this reality.
It still hurts so much.
38. I’m still struggling to accept that I will never see you again in this world.
It’s the hardest thing I have ever had to do and this past year has been unbearable.
I love you forever mom.
39. With all my love, I’ll keep your memories in the most special part of my heart, where it will never fade or be forgotten.
40. One year on and the pain is still as fresh as when it first happened.
Mom, a world where you’re not here is so incomplete.
You are in my heart always.
2nd Year Death Anniversary Quotes for Mother
The years going by won’t make the death of a mother any easier to bear. Having to deal with your mother’s absence can be the hardest experience but it gets better as time goes on.
For your mother’s 2nd year death anniversary, some of these quotes may help you express your thoughts.
41. Two years ago, my superwoman was taken away from me.
My life hasn’t remained the same but I’m thankful that you are resting.
42. Two years have gone by and it still feels unreal.
My heart is still heavy but I’m walking away from the pain day by day.
I love you, mom.
43. Moving on from your memories is not an option, I’ll forever hold on to them.
Two years without you hasn’t been easy at all.
44. I have heard so many times that death is inevitable but not when it comes to you.
Nothing would have ever prepared me for this moment.
45. If tears could bring a person back to life, then you will be here with me a long time ago.
Two years worth of tears and sadness for your death
46. The holidays are not the same without you, the days are not the same without you.
47. In this case, out of sight is not out of mind because even though you are no more here with me, I still think of you.
48. Even though I can no longer see you, I still feel you in my heart; a place where you belong to for all ages to come.
49. Death is not the end, I know this but I still miss you here.
Your presence is sorely missed.
50. I can’t believe that it’s your second death anniversary already.
On days like this, the memories come rushing in and I feel all alone again.
51. I’m numb today again just like on your first death anniversary.
It’s been tough but I’m super grateful that you raised me to be tougher.
I’ll continue to make you proud mom.
52. When it comes to death, the pain never really goes away.
I have had to learn this the hard way.
It’s been an absolutely emotional two years but I’m being as strong as I can.
53. ‘You don’t know how strong you can be until you need to be strong.’
These words have never meant more to me than in these past two years.
54. It’s been 2 years yet somehow it still feels so fresh.
I guess that’s what happens when you love someone.
I love you mom and I miss you so much.
55. Two years since you departed this world and I still haven’t gotten used to your absence.
Honestly, I don’t think I want to.
56. Sometimes the pain takes a while to leave.
Even though it’s been 2 years, your death still hurts like it was yesterday.
57. Your 2nd year death anniversary is here to remind me that as long as I choose, your memories will last forever with me.
58. I promise not to have another crying session today but that’s a promise that I may not be able to keep.
Mom, I miss you so much.
59. I still look at your photos to make sure I never lose sight of what the most amazing woman I have ever known looks like.
You are remembered and forever loved.
60. Gone but never forgotten!
Here’s to two years of your exit to eternal rest.
I’m always thinking of you and the amazing mom that you were to us.
6 Months Death Anniversary Quotes for Mother
The death of a mother is hands down one of the most painful experience a person can have in life especially if you had a great relationship with your mom. I have written some heartfelt quotes which you can use for your mother’s 6 months death anniversary
61. Mom it wasn’t so long ago that we all got together to talk about life and the future.
And all of a sudden, it’s your 6 months death anniversary.
I hate that this happened and I miss you every day.
62. For six months, I haven’t been able to see or talk to you and it hurts a lot more knowing that this will be a permanent situation.
63. I have so many questions with little to no answers.
Mom, I still don’t want to believe that you are gone from our lives.
I miss you.
64. This has been the longest 6 months of my life, not having you around has changed everything and I don’t know how to be ok just yet.
65. I still can’t stop crying mom, it doesn’t sit well with me that I’ll never be able to see you again on earth.
I do have faith that you are resting in the bosom of our Lord.
66. My beloved mother, it still feels like a dream but it’s your 6 months death anniversary today, I continue to pray for a happy repose of your beautiful soul.
67. For now, I don’t think that I’ll ever be able to get used to a world where you no longer exist. It’s hard mom, it’s so hard.
68. Life dealt me a heavy blow when it took my precious mother away from me.
It’s been 6 months and I’m still taking this loss a day at a time.
69. I would never have imagined that I would ever be having your 6 months death anniversary memorial anytime soon but life happens.
This still hurts but I find consolation in your love.
70. I’m thankful for the moments I spent with you, the times I told you how much I love you, I’m thankful for every laughter we shared.
I miss you, mom.
71. It’s been 6 months and I’m still praying for the strength to handle this unbearable loss of my wonderful mother.
72. You are irreplaceable mom and there’s just so much that I still wanted to say and do with you.
Shine on in heaven.
73. Thinking of you as often as I can and today being the 6 months anniversary of your death, I’m thinking of you even more.
74. Still with a heavy heart and submission to God’s will, I remember my darling mother today being the sixth month since her death.
Continue to rest in peace mom.
75. You were always telling me to be strong but this is so hard in this case.
I still can’t believe it sometimes that you are no longer here.
76. Sometimes I try to convince myself that you went on a long trip to a faraway place, that’s my own way of dealing with this so far.
77. I never imagined a world where you are gone but here we are.
Mom, this was not the plan.
Still missing you.
78. I picture you sitting on some comfortable couch in heaven and that gives me peace.
Today being the 6 months anniversary of your death, I miss you the most.
79. We may be apart from each other mom, but the moments we have had are living forever with me.
80. I have had to spend half a year without you and your death is becoming more real with each passing day.
Nothing prepared me for this loss mom, you are sorely missed.
Condolence Messages on Death Anniversary
When a person dies, you may not be able to find the right words to send condolence messages across. Not to worry, I have written death anniversary and condolence messages that can better express your thoughts to the bereaved.
81. As painful as this loss is, we must continue to let our hope in God supersede the sorrow that has overwhelmed our hearts.
82. We remember our dearly beloved on this death anniversary and we pray for more strength to handle this unbearable loss that we have suffered.
83. As cliché as it may sound, we are reminded that everything will be alright; even our hearts will heal from this loss.
84. We pray for everyone who is affected by this loss, that God will give each one of them the fortitude to bear the pain.
85. I can’t tell you that everything is going to be ok but I can say that I’ll be here for you in all the ways that I can.
86. I’m so sorry that you are going through this.
I know that words may not mean so much at this time but know that I’m praying for you and your family.
87. With everything your family is going through right now, you all are in my thoughts.
Please accept my sincere condolences.
88. No one ever plans for the death of a loved one but when it comes, we have no option than to try and heal from it.
Please do take care.
89. I don’t know how you feel and I can’t say that I possibly understand, I just hope you are feeling a lot better on the death anniversary of your loved one.
90. When death comes, there’s not so much anyone can do but to hold on to memories and keep the love alive in our hearts.
Death Anniversary Greetings
You can extend your sincere and heartfelt greetings to someone commemorating their monther’s death anniversary with these death anniversary greetings.
91. I want you to hold on to the memories that you shared because they’ll continue to carry you through on most of the days.
92. I’ll continue to pray for healing and peace in your heart even as the years go by.
My deepest condolences to you.
93. Years may have passed but I understand that the pain never really goes away.
Please do feel better.
94. If you ask me, I’ll say that the best flowers are picked up first.
He’s resting with the Lord, please take heart.
95. I have an idea of how tough it is to go through the death anniversary of a loved one.
My best wishes are with you and your family.
96. I can’t promise you that the pain will fade away instantly but I can guarantee that I’ll be here as much as I can in all the ways I can.
97. I know what today means to you; the death anniversary of your(insert deceased person’s tag).
I’m thinking of and praying for you today.
98. In the memory of your loved one, please accept my heartfelt condolences as you reflect through another death anniversary.
99. It’s a beautiful thing that we have the memories of our loved ones to hold on to.
May these memories comfort you as you continue to heal.
100. I know that your heart is full of sadness but I hope that somehow you find enough comfort to carry you through this death anniversary.
I can’t say that I understand how you feel around this time of the death anniversary of your mother or a person you hold dear as a mother but I do hope that the death anniversary messages for mother that are written above are enough to make you feel a little better.
My heartfelt condolences to you and everyone affected by this loss and all the best wishes going forward.