The best moments in a young mind are the days of celebrations. It is even merrier when it is a birthday party. We’ve got a very good habit in all of these celebrations; we pray before almost everything. Think about it; we pray before we eat, before we sleep, before we go out, before we start a meeting, before we begin a party, even before we set out in the inner room. Lol.
Since we have come to know the importance of prayers in everything, it has become pertinent to know the very types of prayers that match every kind of gathering. Opening prayers before ceremonies and celebrations now has a required skill at which it is handled. Owing to the great importance attached to prayers, you don’t want to mess it up.
This challenge has made many to go surfing for the exact wordings to use in prayers in different celebrations which has helped to make their opening prayers top-notch. Getting prepared for opening prayers has now become a norm and one that must be done with all seriousness just as one would do when asked to prepare for an opening speech.
Do you know you can even learn how to convert your opening prayers to a small opening speech? This would still also match the same purpose with skills and tact. For a young person celebrating the 8th birthday, you don’t want to mess up the day, NO. I am here to help you prepare and you may even help another friend too with the opening prayers for 8th birthday party below. Good luck prepping…
Long Opening Prayers for Eighth Birthday Party
You can bless the 8th birthday of your loved one and show your prowess in praying styles with the long opening prayer for 8th birthday party below. It goes a long way in adding colour to the day.
1. It’s a beautiful thing to gather and celebrate together. As we begin this party, we ask that the reason for our gathering which is to rejoice to our beloved clocking 8th birthday is achieved and that this joy will always abide with us. Give us a smile in all we do and grant us your peace.
2. To celebrate is the plan of man, to sustain is the hands of the Most High. Dear Lord, as we celebrate the 8th birthday of our little dear today, may our joy not meet a sudden and negative turn. Grant that we celebrate this in perfect harmony.
3. This joy we are about to share will never be truncated. As we raise the glass of wine to cheer with our little one, (insert name) clocking 8th years, may we have more reason to rejoice for more blessings. This 8th birthday party will usher in more greatness.
4. Dear Lord, as we begin the 8th birthday of our little one today, we ask that you grant unto him long life and give us the joy that we all long for as we drop our good wishes with him.
5. Birthdays comes just like Christmas; it’s once in a year. Dear Lord, we thank you for giving us another opportunity to gather together to celebrate. Our celebration in rejoicing with our dear (insert name) on his 8th birthday today is for good and this joy shall always be permanent. Cheers.
6. We are gathered to celebrate the 8th birthday of this young lad, we pray for long life and prosperity. We pray for peace and divine direction as he grows up. And finally, for as many that are to share in this joy, you will always celebrate.
7. Heavenly Father, we thank you for the gift of life and for all you have done for us and all that you would still do. As we gather to celebrate the 8th birthday of (insert name), we pray that your Holy Spirit will be present among us and our celebration shall bring glory and praise to your name.
8. Dear Lord, we are forever grateful that we gather today to share in the joy of (insert name) on her 8th birthday. We commit into your hands our rejoicing, wining and dining into your hands. May this joy be a lasting one and grant that we continually gather to celebrate more and more.
9. Lord, we thank you for the gift of life, we thank you for sustenance and comfort in all we do. We are gathered today to celebrate the 8th birthday of (insert name), we pray for continuous happiness and blessing upon his life and make him a shining star wherever he goes.
10. Our dear Lord, we thank you for our celebrant o this beautiful day as we gather in the honour of 8th birthday celebration, we beseech to grant unto him the fulfilment of life. We also pray for his health and promotion in life. It is well with him all the days of his life. As we begin this party, we are protected from every form of evil and accident that will spoil our joy.
11. Heavenly Father, we lift this gathering of families and friends into your hands as we gather to celebrate the birthday of our dearly beloved (insert name), be with your as we begin now even till the end and keep us from harm. Bless the celebrant and keep his entire family from all forms of evil.
12. Father, thank you for your love to us and your ever abiding presence in the life of the celebrant (insert name). Thank you for his family and as we gather for this 8th birthday party, may we share in this unending joy. Grant for as many here looking forward to a day of joy that theirs may come knocking.
13. Lord, we thank you for all your goodness and mercy towards us and our family particularly for the life and family of our celebrant (insert name) whose 8th birthday has called for our gathering. We pray that as we eat and drink to celebrate today, we will forever be joyful.
14. Dear Father, we gather to celebrate our little one (insert name) whose 8th birthday is today. We pray that as we shall come by next year to celebrate our beloved (inset name) birthday, he will be full of health and in sound mind.
15. Heavenly Father, thank you for this pretty little one you’ve given unto us. We appreciate you for the love and joy he has brought to the lives of many in his young life. We pray that this celebration today on his 8th birthday will herald him into greater achievements.
16. We thank you, dear Lord, for the life you have given to us. We exalt you for the opportunity to number our days and apply our hearts to understanding. We pray for our little one whose 8th birthday we are here today celebrating, guide and guard her all the days of her life. Keep her in your hands and secure her life.
17. Our hearts are filled with joy and thanksgiving as we come together to celebrate the 8th birthday of our loved one (insert name), we pray for blessings upon his life and grant him the joy of a good life. For we that have gathered here also, we will always be full of testimonies.
18. We are gathered here to celebrate the 8th birthday of (insert name). We thank you, dear Lord, for the gift of life. We pray for long life and prosperity, good health and wisdom to perform in all areas of his life.
19. Thank you Lord for the joy you have established in our lives for without it we cannot be gathered here today. Therefore Lord, multiply your joy in our hearts and help us to live in peace and harmony throughout our lives. Give the celebrant sound health even on this auspicious 8th birthday now and forever.
20. Dear Lord, we appreciate you for giving us the privilege to celebrate once again as we join together for the 8th birthday part of (insert name). We pray that our gathering shall be unto your glory and that you will grant the celebrant long life and fulfilment of lives. Bless her parents and all that have come to celebrate with her.
21. Our Heavenly Father, we are gathered to celebrate the gift you gave to us eight years ago. Thank you for this moment and the opportunity to celebrate this 8th year birthday our dearly beloved (insert name). We beseech you to give him the joy that cannot be quantified. Bless all of us here present too.
22. Lord Almighty, you who gives life to whom you desire, we thank you for the gift of life and especially for the life you gave to (insert name) on her 8th birthday today. May this joy never be truncated in all our lives.
23. Heavenly Lord, our gathering today is unto you as we gather to celebrate the 8th birthday of our little one. We pray for sound mind, boldness and grace to soar higher and higher in life. We ask that as we wine and dine and share in this joy, let this rejoicing be permanent in Jesus’ name.
24. Oh Lord, glory and honour be unto your name for this beautiful day to celebrate the 8th birthday of this beautiful damsel (insert name). We ask that you will grant a permanent joy into the family of the celebrant. May our celebrant grow in wisdom, strength and in ever-increasing glory.
25. O Lord, the giver of life, thank you for giving today as a present to us and for this beautiful one (insert name) whose 8th birthday is today. I ask that you grant him a fulfilled life and sow him your glory even as he grows in wisdom and stature.
Short Opening Prayers for 8th Birthday Party
The best of prayers are not necessarily in long speeches. Give that opening prayer in short words. The following short prayers are for 8th birthday parties. Remember, brevity is a virtue.
26. Dear Lord, you taught us to number our days and apply our hearts to wisdom. Thank you for the life of our beloved on his 8th birthday. Give him peace of mind and joy all throughout his young life.
27. Gracious Father, we pray that the purpose of our gathering which is the 8th birthday party of (insert name) will be to share in the joy and may this joy last forever.
29. Father, in you, do we put our trust for the beauty that comes from life on this 8th birthday, we ask that you grant our dear celebrant (insert name) the beauty that is beyond compare.
30. Dear Father, thank you for life and your continuous love over our lives. Keep our beloved (insert name) in good health on this 8th birthday and grant him wisdom as he grows daily.
31. Lord, we are gathered today to celebrate the 8th birthday of (insert name), grant him the best of goodness in life and grant him sound health to be able to function well.
32. Father Lord, we begin this 8th birthday party by asking for a sound mind, wellness of life and divine provisions for our celebrant (insert name).
33. Heavenly Father, we thank you for thus far you’ve helped us. Grant, we beseech you the joy of birthdays especially to our celebrant, (insert name) as we begin this 8th birthday celebration.
34. Dear Lord, we begin this 8th birthday celebration in your name. Guide the heart and guard the ways of our celebrant (insert name) as we mark today. Bless many of us in attendance equally.
35. It’s the Lord’s doing to celebrate the 8th birthday of (insert name). We ask for wisdom, beauty, grace and divine supply of your favour to him.
36. We thank you, dear Lord, for this great opportunity to celebrate the 8th birthday of our dear one (insert name). May she continue to grow with a glow. Rise higher above all obstacles of life.
37. We look unto you, dear Lord for help as we raise our hearts of thanksgiving to you for this great day. We celebrate our beloved girl’s 8th birthday and we pray for a life lived in prosperity and one to be honoured.
38. We gather in your name dear Lord to celebrate (insert name) 8th birthday. Grant him peace, wisdom to function and purposeful life.
39. Today, we are here to celebrate the 8th birthday celebration of our little one,(insert name). Father, we ask for a joy that will last and long life and a fulfilled life for our little celebrant.
40. Thank you Lord for this gathering, bless our celebrant and give him more years on earth.
41. Our father, thou are the giver of life, grant we pray thee the endurance to be patient while we live and give us moments like this 8th birthday anniversary of (insert name) to rejoice. Bless the family of the celebrant.
42. This day is a beautiful day to celebrate, as we gather to celebrate the 8th birthday of our beloved, Lord, make his life more beautiful than today and grant us all joy.
43. Lord, we know you hear us in the shortest of our prayers. Therefore we pray as we begin this 8th birthday party that you grant us your presence and make the life of the celebrant great and beautiful.
44. Father in heaven, we thank you for all you’ve done for us. Our 8th birthday celebration begins, we pray that you continually shower your love on our celebrant. Supply his family with provision.
45. Spirit of the Living God, we appreciate you for your love. As we begin to celebrate this special 8th birthday, we ask for your divine provision for the family of the celebrant and grant the celebrant greater feats in life.
46. Dear Father, you’ve gathered us not for sorrow but joy. As we celebrate 8th birthday of (insert name), we pray for divine guidance and wisdom for the celebrant.
47. Father, thanks for your love. We pray for our birthday boy on this 8th occasion that you will always be with him and make his light shine brighter.
48. Dear Lord, we celebrate this 8th birthday party in your name alone. Cause your joy to always live with us. May your wisdom and understanding never cease in the life of the celebrant.
49. You are our hiding place, dear Lord. Thank you for protection over the ages. As we celebrate this 8th birthday celebration of (insert name), may your hand of love and protection never cease from her life.
50. O Lord, our help in ages past. You are the hope of the years to come. Give unto us the desire of our heart and especially the celebrant of today. Grant him eternal peace on earth.
Birthdays are awesome. The place of prayers can never be over-emphasized. Remember to insert name the name of the celebrant where needed and do a little adjustment where the gender is important or stated.
Thanks for going through the opening prayers for 8th birthday party celebration, and do well to share with loved ones who need them.