There are many ways of committing one’s activity to God’s hand and prayer is topmost of them. Prayer is important at the onset of every event and starting an event with prayers puts God in control of all activities.
For a second birthday party celebration, opening prayers are important prayers that help the child grow. Opening prayers are prayers that strengthen occasions and make the occasion a success.
Every opening prayer in a birthday party must include special prayers for the celebrant and these blessings in the form of prayers fight all battles as the child grows.
Opening prayers also enable the success of the event. Check out some opening prayers for 2nd birthday party below.
Long Opening Prayers for Second Birthday Party
Opening prayers are done at every beginning of an event and a second birthday party should not be an exemption. For a child who clocks two, prayers secure the child’s future and help him/her overcome all obstacles in life.
At some point, opening prayers could be difficult to say at an event, because the right words refuse to surface. You don’t have to panic, below are long opening prayers that would help the child fulfil all his/her heart desires. Check out some long opening prayers for that second birthday party below.
1. Heavenly father, as the party begins, we pray you will take absolute control. We pray for a long life in good health for the celebrant. We pray that you help the celebrant to witness more years on Earth. We commit the family of the celebrant onto your able hands, we pray that they shall not have any reason to weep over the celebrant. We pray for everyone that gathered to celebrate the celebrant, we pray that good things will never depart from their lives. Thank you, heavenly father, for answering.
2. Creator of all universe, as we gather here today to celebrate our beloved celebrant, we pray you will answer all our good wishes for the celebrant. We pray that you will guide our steps today as we start this party with us. Lord, we commit the celebrant onto Your hands, Lord, be the driver of her life. We pray you will help him/her walk through all difficulties in life, we pray that you will grant him/her wisdom, knowledge and understanding to excel in all ramification. We know and believe our prayers are answered in Jesus’ name.
3. As we start today’s party, we pray our heavenly father starts with us. May the celebrant remembers this day for good. Bless the child whose birthday we are celebrating. May you continue to bestow your goodness upon the celebrant’s family. May everyone attending the birthday party be blessed in all areas in Jesus’ name.
4. Kind Lord, bestow your wisdom upon the birthday celebrant. May this birthday be the beginning of spiritual development for the child and the family. May you enjoy the happiness of eternal life. I pray God’s presence to abide in you every day of your life. May the birthday celebrant be a light for others. We pray for everyone that wishes the celebrant well, you shall also live long and enjoy good health. In Jesus name, Amen.
5. Dear Lord, unite with us to celebrate our amazing celebrant’s birthday. May peace be upon you on this day and forever. May God make His heavenly face shine on you on this special day of yours and all the days of your life. May the Lord that we serve bless you today and forever. May goodness and mercy accompany you today and all the days of your life. We pray that you become a source of joy for your family. Amen.
6. As we celebrate our lovely celebrant, I pray that our God blesses you and wraps His mighty arms of protection around you, on this day. May you know nothing but happiness from this day onward. May God protect and keep you. May every step you take lead you to true happiness. May you always be surrounded by people that love you and want your well being. I pray that you will connect with hands that will help your destiny. You will never suffer in Jesus’ name.
7. It is my prayer that the All-knowing God bless you with divine strength and wisdom to overcome every obstacle that may come your way. I pray that our Heavenly Father be with you, to grant you good health and strength today and every new day of your life. It is my humble prayer that the good Lord grants you divine strength and courage to successfully walk through all the trials of this life. Amen.
8. On this wonderful day, it is my heartfelt prayer that the Lord grant you all the desires of your heart. May you continue to please God for as long as you live. I pray that the Almighty God opens the windows of Heaven and pour upon you blessing. Lord, please help the celebrant to prosper and give him/her happiness beyond measure. May guardian angels be with you all the time and may sadness not know its way to your doorstep. May happiness and goodness surround you all the time. And most importantly, may God always bless you.
9. My prayer for you today is that the almighty God never cease to bless you and that you see more remarkable days like today. I pray that the good Lord lights your path wherever you go and allows you to see success all the time. May you never lack. I pray that all your wishes shall come true and that you will have eternal happiness. May God give you the strength and wisdom to smoothly surmount all the challenges life brings you. I pray that you always end up victorious in whatever you do. Amen.
10. May God almighty bless you with a life full of joy and happiness. And may you always find favour in His eyes. May your life always overflow with happiness and love. And may that divine peace and happiness follow you the rest of your life. I pray that the good Lord gives you all the joy and happiness that your heart can contain. Amen.
11. Gracious God, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the privilege you gave us all, for the opportunity to see another beautiful year of our special celebrant. I pray that God blesses you with all the happiness in this universe. I ask for God’s unconditional love and blessing upon you as you celebrate the day on which you were ushered into this world. May you prosper and shine everywhere you go. May God Almighty blesses you with a life full of joy and happiness. And may you always find favour in His eyes. Amen.
12. Lord God, we praise you because we know that you are fully in control of all things. I pray you would protect, keep healthy and help the celebrant all through his/her life. I thank you that you know every hair on his/her head. You know exactly when they rise and when they fall. Watch over him/her in every area of his/her life. Protect and provide for his/her family. I pray, Amen.
13. Heavenly Father, I thank you that all good gifts come from you. I thank you that I can trust you for the future of the family of the celebrant, please guide them in every step they take. I pray they would know your provision and protection. Make steady their steps I pray. Amen.
14. Lord God, we thank you for allowing the celebrant to witness a new year. We thank you for this precious child and we pray this child would sleep peacefully and be kept from harm. We pray you would bless this child as he/she grows. Keep him/her safe and strong in the weeks, months and years ahead. Lord, we pray that you will give the parents grace and strength through the highs and lows of caring for the celebrant. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
15. Lord God, I pray for our pretty celebrant to know your goodness and provision. I pray he/she would place his/her identity in you. I ask that in the pressures of life, the celebrant would know you as the rock on which he/she can stand. I pray that through the challenges of school life, exams, and future decisions, you would lead, guide and bring him/her comfort. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
16. Father God, I praise you for the gift of this unique child and for allowing him/her to witness a new year. I pray him/her would follow after you and be a builder of your kingdom. I ask that you would protect and steady his/her steps. May he/she learn to hear and follow your voice. May he/she be an example to believers in speech, love, conduct, faith and purity. I pray you would help this amazing child to learn well and flourish. May he/she discover his/her unique talents and gifts. Give him/her a passion for the world around them. Amen.
17. Father God I thank you for this new year you bestowed on the celebrant. I thank you for your love. Father God, please be with him/her in all areas of struggle. Help the celebrant to learn well at school. I pray that you would bring restoration and forgiveness when he/she mess up and lose his/her way. I ask for you to protect him/her from feelings of shame or condemnation, but instead, cover him/her with your grace and hope. I pray that you would surround him/her with friends and leaders who would challenge them to press closer to you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
18. Rock of Ages, as we gather here to celebrate this child, I ask that you would raise greatness in this precious child, for greatness in this generation. Give him/her the willingness to stand strong for you, believing that you have designed him/her for a purpose and for good works, which you have planned and prepared in advance for him/her to do. Be a lamp for his/her feet. Be a light, shine over him/her, fill him/her with your Spirit and most importantly, bless him/her with your favour and peace. Amen.
19. Holy Lord, we give you all the glory for protecting this precious child till this present moment. I pray that you would direct his/ her steps, that your plans for him/her would prosper, and that every place he/she walks through he/she shall find favour. We ask for you to open doors that need to be opened and close everyone that needs to be shut tight. Allow every gift and treasure you have placed inside him/her lives to grow, develop, and flourish, to bring you glory. Thank you so much for giving his/her parents the privilege to care for this amazing child. Father, make him/her gift to his/her parents and many others. Amen.
20. I thank You, Lord, for the wonderful gift of life that You gave us all. It’s a privilege to be born into this world and to be given life. Thank You for the life of the celebrant’s family, and all the friends that have come to celebrate with him/her. Thank You for your obvious mercy and blessing that you grant to our amazing celebrant. Lord, as he/she faces another year, I ask that You would lead and guide him/her. Give him/her the strength and wisdom to conquer challenges that this year will bring. And I pray that you help him/her to know you more. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
21. On this your second birthday, I pray, Father, that you will grant him/her the power to witness more years on Earth. Dear Lord, bless him/her so that he/she may grow spiritually and put his/her trust in the Lord. I ask for your direction over the celebrant, that you would give him/her understanding. I ask for your peace to cover him/her, I ask for laughter and joy to fill his/her day. I pray that you would give him/her boldness and courage to face the challenges of life, with the confidence and calmness that can only come from your Holy Spirit. I ask that you would teach him/her your ways, help the celebrant to be respectful to others, obedient to your paths and have a desire to learn your word. Give him/her a compassionate spirit and a heart of giving. In Jesus’ name, I pray.
22. I want to thank You for all the good things You have done for our little celebrant, I want to ask for Your guidance and protection as he/she enjoys his/her special day, we pray that the Almighty God turns all his/her worries into glorious moments in the days ahead. Lord, please give him/her more reasons to smile, may true happiness reside in his/her heart. As he/she celebrates this great day of happiness, joy and love, it is my prayer that the merciful Lord grants you undiluted peace, good health and happiness all the days of your life. I sincerely pray that the Lord will continue to brighten your future. Amen.
23. Oh Lord, as he/she celebrates his/her special day today, I beg you to bless him/her with all the good things of life. May your life be filled with happiness starting from this moment until the end of time. May you always be given the strength and determination to be the controller of your destiny. May God never stop blessing and keeping you. We pray that God grant you long life coupled with good health and endless joy. It is my prayer that you would be blessed with happiness, love, care and luck as you celebrate your birthday. You shall be a source of joy to your family. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
24. God I thank you for allowing us to witness this special day, I praise you because I know you have been there for this special family. God bless this perfect little child, keep him/her safe and sound. Bless his/her hands and feet, so he/she may conquer and defeat. Brighten up his/her spiritual eyes, so that he/she may undoubtedly become wise. I ask that you would protect him/her from any form of evil. I ask for you to cover him/her in your care and hide him/her in your presence. Lord, don’t forget to bless his/her parent, help them to train him/her. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
25. On this special day, I pray that you will be blessed with long life, full of nothing but happiness and peace. May you never be lonely in this life. May you always be surrounded by family and friends that love and cherish you. I pray that all the plans of your enemies against you shall not prosper and they shall be put to shame, for you are a blessed one. May good luck accompany you all your life, I pray that God blesses you with all the happiness in this universe. I pray the omnipresent God guides you all through your growing up. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Short Opening Prayers for 2nd Birthday Party
Opening prayers are very important for the celebrant at every birthday party. Opening prayers for a 2nd birthday party could be short and intact. Check out some sweet and short opening prayers for 2nd birthday party.
26. Bless the child we are celebrating today, make she/he grow in your love and care. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
27. Lord as we celebrate our special child, make him/her strong and give him/her the strength to make good decisions as he/she grows. Amen.
28. As we all gather to celebrate your day with you, may you prosper and shine everywhere you go. Amen.
29. As you start a new year, may your destiny never meet with darkness. Amen.
30. I pray on this day, may God command His angels to protect you wherever you go on life’s journey. Amen.
31. Lord, as our celebrant celebrates a new year, may your new age receive the blessing of God. Amen.
32. Lord, bless this little child, give him/her the strength and courage to surmount every obstacle that comes to his/her way. Amen.
33. On this special day, may God make each day of your life as beautiful and as golden as you are. Amen.
34. On this day, I pray the Almighty God will add more years of happiness and good health to your life. Amen.
35. I pray you will never stop receiving the favour of God in your life. I pray wisdom, knowledge and understanding grows with you. Amen.
36. It is my sincere prayer that you find great success in all you do in life. You shall grow in good health and happiness. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
37. As we gather to celebrate your day with you, I pray that you remain blessed for the rest of your mortal life. Amen.
38. It is my prayer that the Lord places on your path, opportunities that will lead you to attain great success in your life. Amen.
39. As you celebrate this special day today, I pray that the Almighty God blesses you with all the treasures of this earth to enable you to shine like the sun. Amen.
40. Heavenly Father, as the celebrant enjoys this special day of his/her, I pray that You grant his/her parents’ financial breakthrough in the days ahead to enable them to meet all his/her financial demands. Amen.
41. Dear Lord, it is my humble prayer that the Lord will favour the celebrant abundantly and help him/her grow. Amen.
42.I humbly ask that You bless this child and make him/her happy all through his/her life. Amen.
43.Dear Lord, please protect and guide the celebrant as he/she continues along the path you have chosen for him/her. Amen.
44. Lord, as the celebrant starts a new year, give him/her the courage to follow in your light, and feel your love wherever he/she goes. Amen.
45. Lord, we pray, on this day that you keep him/her free from illness and sadness, for he/she deserves happiness and success in all aspects of life. Amen.
46. As you celebrate your birthday today, I pray that God blesses you with all the happiness in this universe. Amen.
47. I say a heartfelt prayer on this special occasion, you shall prosper and shine everywhere you go. Amen.
48. As today marks a new beginning in your life, I pray that happiness and good health shall follow you wherever you go. Amen.
49. As you celebrate this day, I pray for total happiness and sunshine in your life. Amen.
50. I pray for God’s goodness and mercy over your life and over everyone that celebrates with you. Amen.
In conclusion, it is a great privilege for the celebrant to see today and a great privilege for you to witness such a special day to celebrate them. For the parent who spent all they could to celebrate this special day of their child, I pray that you will recover all that has been spent on this special celebration. Freely use these opening prayers for a 2nd birthday party celebration.