The importance of a birthday party cannot be overemphasized. It is one of the times you should not forget to celebrate, be happy and be grateful to God.
It is another time to celebrate someone special in a beautiful way and this is not just about the cake or the drinks. Rather, it’s about knowing how to show and express your love towards the celebrant, especially the young ones – our darling 10-year-olds.
We must pray for them and commit their lives to God because, most times, prayer is one of the best gifts we can offer our loved ones. So, to celebrate such an occasion, starting it with a prayer would be awesome. That is why I have written these opening prayers for 10th birthday party celebration for you to say when you are called to say the opening prayer.
Long Opening prayers for Tenth birthday party
Don’t just go straight to the drinking table and dance floor. Make a difference to the party with these long prayers and open up the tenth birthday party on a beautiful note:
1. Lord, we thank you for the blessings, for the gifts. We thank you for today, for allowing us all to witness this special day, and we thank you for your protection over our lives. Thank you for bringing us all here safely. We pray Lord that you bless this day and make it special as it’s meant to be, in Jesus name. Amen.
2. You water the Earth for us with your rain, you send your warmth to us through the sun, Lord we thank you for this day. Thank you for this birthday, thank you for the strength you’ve given to the celebrant, and thank you for your mercy upon him/her. Lord, we pray that you give him/her the best birthday gift ever. Amen.
3. No one can define destiny, you are the only one who does, you bring purpose to a life, you bring joy to a broken heart. You bring peace to a stormy life and you bring smiles to our faces. Thank you for your never-ending love. This love has kept our precious celebrant from infancy up to him/her present age, Lord we pray that your love that heals, warms and restores never departs from him/her life, in Jesus name. Amen.
4. Children are special to you, their prayers are always on your mind, you care for them and you always watch over them you’ve looked after our celebrant, your eyes have never left him/her not for a second. God, we are grateful, this birthday is on honour to your mercies and kindness, you deserve our praises and thanks today, tomorrow and forever. We only ask that you give the celebrant the grace to always remain in your presence, in Jesus name. Amen.
5. Thank you for the gift of life, thank you for your love and mercy, thank you for your protection, thank you for your kindness. Lord, we have all come here because today is a special day for the celebrant we pray that from now on that the celebrant’s life and our lives will continue to be special, in Jesus name, amen.
6. God, we thank you for the celebrant, we thank you for your mercy upon his/her life. Lord, we pray that in this day and forever you fill him with agility, you give him Divine strength and agility. You increase his knowledge and you grant him Favour at all times, in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Lord, we pray that on this birthday you crown it with your blessings. You fill our hearts with joy and gladness. The food we eat, the fun we have and the gifts we would share will all be to your glory, and at the end, when we are going back, your protection shall be upon us, the joy we would have won’t be stained with sorrow and pain. The smiles on our faces won’t be replaced with tears, in Jesus name, amen.
8. You are the good Shepherd, you watch over everyone and you send your love to everyone. We thank you for this day, we know that your blessings are always upon us, and you are here with us. As we start this birthday party we pray that you watch us your angels would guide us and protect us, in Jesus name, amen.
9. Lord we pray that you give the celebrant the best birthday gift ever, I pray that you bless him/her, you refresh him/her, you surround him/her with your Favour, your blessings will always be with him/her, in Jesus name, amen.
10. People run around searching for love, acceptance, but we find it in you, you shower us with your blessings, and you grant us healing In all areas; in our heart, soul and body. God, we thank you for the answers to our prayers, we thank you for everything, we thank you for the celebrant’s life, he/she is 10 today, you’ve always been his/her strength, you’ve always shown him/her acceptance. God, we can’t thank you enough, we only ask that your love and mercy never depart from him/her, in Jesus name, amen.
11. This is another glorious occasion and is all thanks to your mercies and love that we are all over and able to attend this party, we thank you, Lord. God, we pray that as we are joyful and Happy toward we pray that you make this feeling everlasting. We won’t be happy now and then be sad tomorrow, your joy and happiness will always be in our heart. In Jesus name. Amen.
12. You’re the one we run to, you are the one we hold on to, we thank you Lord for never pushing us away. You never put us aside, you always welcome us to your presence with open arms, when we are lost and confused, your love finds us and comfort us. We thank you for giving us the grace to witness another birthday, it’s thanks to you, we pray that you add glamour and joy to the life of the celebrant, in Jesus name. Amen.
13. It is not just about the drinks or the food, or the music, it is about you, your mercy and Favour has brought us here together. Your love has kept the celebrant, and protected him from all harm. We look at the celebrant and realize how awesome you are, you watched over him till this present age, you’re amazing we thank you, Lord. We pray that as we eat and drink you make us healthy and strong, in Jesus name. Amen.
14. Lord, we thank you for the celebrant’s life, you are the one who has brought him/her to where he/she is, you are the one who has always been protecting him/her, you have given him/her a sharp mind and a retentive memory. You have made him/her outstanding and made him)her a victor amongst all his pears. Lord, we thank you for this, we pray that you grant him/her is heart desires, in Jesus name. Amen.
15. Lord, the celebrant has been blessed by you with good friends, where he/she is right now is as a result of your love and mercy. We pray that you give him good friends always, he/she won’t be misled or deceived. Friends that will distract him/her will not find their way into his/her life, in Jesus name. Amen.
16. It’s another birthday, a special one, the celebrant has spent 10 years on Earth. For 10 years you have protected and shown love towards the celebrant. Your love has surrounded the celebrant. You’ve always stood by him/her side, protecting him/her from every attack and obstacles of life. You are wonderful and awesome, Lord we thank you, we pray that the next time we gather together to celebrate another birthday, we would have a good and better testimony to share, in Jesus name. Amen.
17. For every person that exists and is yet to exist, you have a plan and purpose for them, Lord, we know that it is your will for that purpose to be fulfilled. God, we pray for our celebrant that your purpose shall be fulfilled. He/she won’t walk outside your will and whenever he/she is about too, Lord, we pray that in your infinite love and mercy, you bring him/her back to the path you have designed for him/her. We pray that they would find fulfilment and satisfaction in you, in Jesus name. Amen.
18. Thank you, thank you, thank you, that’s all we can say, God, for the many gifts that you have given to us, for the many blessings that you have poured on us, and more importantly the celebrant. Lord, we are here not just for the fun, but for appreciation towards you. God, we start this party with you, we pray that you will be with us, throughout the party, in Jesus name. Amen.
19. Lord, we pray that you carry your celebrant’s on your wings, he shall continue to go higher and higher. Exponential success will be his/her portion. What takes people long to achieve, he/she would achieve it with speed. When they mention the best, he/she would be the first, when they mention Giants, he/she would be among them, in Jesus name. Amen.
20. Today is a special day in the life of the celebrant we thank you for what you’re doing in his/her life, how far you have helped him/her, the strength and agility that you have given unto him. Lord we pray and ask that your Favour surrounds him/her, whenever he/she talks, wherever he goes, Lord, we pray that your Favour will speak for him/her. He/she won’t be rejected in Jesus name. Amen.
21. A birthday is a time for us to realize how faithful you are, you have protected the celebrant and all of us for another whole year you have increased us on all sides, we are grateful Lord, God we pray that by this time next year when we are around for another birthday we would have grown bigger and gone higher in Jesus name. Amen.
22. 10 years of blessing, 10 years of Joy and 10 years of faithfulness. We are here not just to celebrate the celebrant but to also celebrate your blessings. God, we are grateful, we can never thank you enough. We pray that you continuously give us more and more reasons to thank you, in Jesus name. Amen.
23. Lord, we thank you for this day, we Thank you for the food we are about to eat, we sanctify it and pray that as we eat the Lord, we are refreshed and blessed. We keep on growing in good health, no one among us including the celebrant shall fall sick, in Jesus name. Amen.
24. The celebrant Is young and has a long way to go in life. He has to pass through a lot of stages and some people give up and get discouraged when they journey through life but God, we pray that won’t be the portion for our celebrant, every stage he gets too, he shall pass through it with ease, people will rise in his favour and when he is feeling discouraged, your love will reach him and encourage him.
25. Lord, we pray that today won’t be the last birthday for this celebrant, we shall celebrate more birthdays with the celebrant, we pray that your protection will continually be around the celebrant. Every step he/she takes will be aligned to your will for him/her. Thank you, Lord. Amen.
/Short opening Prayers for 10th birthday party
Prayers are ways through which we express our feelings, its an extension of our thoughts. Short prayers are important to a celebrant as long as it is power-packed. Below are some short opening prayers you can say at a 10th birthday party.
26. Thank you, Lord, for your mercies and love. We are here because of your love and we ask that you never stop loving us in Jesus name. Amen.
27. Lord, we start with you, and we pray that you are present with us throughout. Amen.
28. You’ve shown your love towards the celebrant we pray that your love never departs from him/her, in Jesus name. Amen.
29. God, we ask that you give unto the celebrant, the best birthday gift ever, in Jesus name. Amen.
30. The wish of every child is to be happy and have fun, we pray to you God, that you send your happiness to the celebrant always, in Jesus name. Amen.
31. As we are all here I pray that we would be here next year, in Jesus name. Amen.
32. As bright as the star shines, God we pray that you make the celebrant brighter, in Jesus name. Amen.
33. Lord, we pray for the celebrant that when he/she feels weak you would send your strength to him. Amen.
34. Confusion won’t come the way of the celebrant, in Jesus name. Amen.
35. The heights you want the celebrant to reach, Lord, we pray that you carry the celebrant there, in Jesus name. Amen.
36. The joy we feel today won’t be replaced by sorrow, in Jesus name. Amen.
37. God, I pray that you bless us continuously and create more joyful occasions like this, in Jesus name. Amen.
38. Nothing will take away the joy we feel today, it would last from now on till forever. In Jesus name. Amen.
39. God, we pray today that we won’t have fun, but we will be blessed in all areas. In Jesus name. Amen.
40. Lord, we pray for the celebrant that you would bless him with your wisdom. In Jesus name. Amen.
41. Lord, we thank you for today, we pray that you send your blessings towards us.
42. Lord, we pray that our prayer reaches your heart and you come down to our midst on this special day in Jesus name. Amen.
43. Lord, we pray that you make this special day, special for the celebrant In all areas, in Jesus name. Amen.
44. Lord for all of us here, including the celebrant, we pray that you bless us and fill us with your joy, in Jesus name. Amen.
45. Lord, we pray that today, no one gets injured, we pray that your protection will be all over us, know Jesus name. Amen.
46. Lord, we pray that after today, we would feel a change in our lives, in Jesus name. Amen.
47. God, we thank you for the food, we pray that you provide more and more for us, in Jesus name. Amen.
48. Lord, we pray that this time next year, we won’t have any regret over anyone, in Jesus name. Amen.
49. Our lives won’t be a source of regret of pain as a result of this birthday, in Jesus name. Amen.
50. God, we pray that what people have trouble finding, you would give it to the celebrant with ease, in Jesus name. Amen.
In conclusion, we need to understand that prayers are the best birthday gifts to give to a celebrant and this is also a proper way to start a birthday party. I hope you have found a couple of opening prayers for 10th birthday party celebration you will use to start that 10th birthday party. Feel free to use as many as possible.