A lot of people, if not everyone, look forward to birthday celebrations. For different reasons. Some for the cake, some for the fun, some for the drinks and some for other reasons. And the best way to start a birthday party is by praying.
Why should we pray to start a birthday party? Because there are many beautiful things about prayers. One is that they assure people that you have their interest at heart and perhaps the most beautiful reason is that there is a God to answer.
Two beautiful ways to bless a birthday celebrant are opening and closing prayers. Never forget that.
While some opening prayers are unique to certain kinds of events, some are general and can be used anywhere. In this article, I wrote long and short prayers and I made them for a 50th birthday celebration. However, you can edit them for any age being celebrated this year 2022.
Some of the cutest opening prayers for a 50th birthday party celebration in 2022 are found right here. Jump in and explore the beautiful prayers here, and use them.
Long Opening Prayers for 50th Birthday Party
I want to be that guy you run to when you need long prayers to say at the opening of a birthday party, and that’s why I wrote these prayers here. These were written for a 50th birthday party, but you can edit them to fit any age being celebrated.
Also Read: Ideas For Surprise Birthday Parties
1. Dear Lord, on beautiful days like this, we rejoice in you, thanking you for the gift of the celebrant and for keeping him this long. We are happy to be here to celebrate your son at 50. We pray that you fill us with excitement and spice up this party in an amazing way that’s unique to you. Bless our food and drinks and celebration, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
2. Lord Jesus, you’ve blessed us by letting us see this day, for making us all live to celebrate the 50th birthday of our mother and sister and daughter. Thank you for that. We know you have a good plan for this birthday party. We pray that you help us to make that plan a reality. We thank you because we know you have heard us. Amen.
3. Dear Lord, thank you for your love shown to us, for giving us the best father in the world and for keeping him to see the end of 50 years on earth. While we pray that the years ahead will be very beautiful for him, we also pray that this celebration of him will be filled with fun and laughter and you. Thanks for hearing us and for answering us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
4. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of life to your son, for deciding to keep him this long. We are happy about these and more. We have looked forward to this party and we’re excited that it’s finally here. We pray that it goes better than we planned it to be and that you make the party to bring a lot of big blessings to us. Thank you, Lord, for hearing us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. Dear God, my 50th birthday party is finally here and we’re excited. We can’t wait to see the fun that comes with it. We know you’re working behind the scenes to bless us while helping us to have much fun. We pray that we will enjoy what you’re working out for us. Thanks for loving and blessing us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
6. Father in heaven, we love you, and on this day when we celebrate the 50th birth anniversary of this amazing woman, we have thanks and thanks and more thanks for you. We’re here to celebrate your daughter, so we ask that you make this party beautiful and one we won’t forget in a hurry. We thank you for being with us and for listening to our prayer and because we know you will do what we asked for. Amen.
7. Dear Lord, we’re here to tell you that you’re the greatest and that you deserve all thanks and praises, for being amazing and for giving us the best mother in the world. Thanks for keeping her alive to see 50 years on earth. Bless this celebration. Bless everything in it. Bless all of us who are a part of it. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
8. God, you gave us an amazing sister and you have kept her long enough to bless us this much, for 50 years. Thank you for her life and the lives of everyone that has come here today to celebrate with her. Bless us and help us to have a fun time here today. Bless us and help us to enjoy not only the presence of the celebrant but also our presence. Thank you, God. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
9. Lord, we give all glory to you for the beautiful life our brother and father have lived so far. We are thankful for his life in 50 years and we pray that he will only do better in future. We bless today and this party with all good and beautiful things, with all things that will make it the party of our dreams. We trust you to make it memorable for us. Thank you, Lord. Amen.
10. Thank you, Lord, for giving us a beautiful day to celebrate, and to celebrate with someone that’s special to us. Thanks for providing for us to have this party. We pray that our party will go as we planned, even better. We pray that we will leave here more blessed than we came. We thank you because we know you have heard us and answered us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Short Opening Prayers for 50th Birthday Party
Not only long prayers are beautiful. Short ones can be very beautiful too. And some proof of that is these short prayers created to be used as opening prayers at birthday parties. The ones here are for 50th birthday parties, but, if the party you need one of these prayers for is not for someone that’s clocking 50 years, you can just edit the prayer you love to fit the age.
Also Read: Cheap Birthday Party Ideas
11. Dear Lord, thanks for fifty years and for giving us all we need to celebrate. Thanks for the life of the celebrant. Bless this party and bless us all, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
12. Lord, you are the only one who could have blessed us with such a beautiful day and a beautiful reason to celebrate. We want a beautiful fiftieth birthday party and we trust you to give us that, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
13. Dear God, if we don’t have thanks for you today, then we’re either ignorant or ingrates. We thank you and ask that you use this fiftieth birthday party as another chance to show us how amazing you can be, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
14. Lord Jesus, it’s been a while we had a party and we’re excited to have one today. We thank you for this opportunity, as we celebrate our sister at fifty, and pray that you make this party be awesome and more than what we expect it to be, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
15. Thank you, my Lord, for this fiftieth birthday party and for the celebrant. We love him and we want his party to be sweet. Give us this and more, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
16. Dear Lord, we’re happy to have you with us whenever we gather for a celebration, like now! Bless the celebrant and make this fiftieth birthday celebration one we will remember with excitement, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
17. Thanks to you, Lord, for blessing our son with fifty years on earth. As we celebrate him today, we ask for the best party ever, and we know we’ll get it, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
18. Father, fifty years of our son’s life has been a reflection of your greatness and faithfulness. Thank you, Father. We are here to celebrate and we want it to be the best celebration we’ve ever had, in Jesus’ name.
19. Thank you, Jesus, for giving us the best mother ever and for keeping her to see fifty years. Bless this party, the cake, the food, the attendees and everyone and everything, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
20. Dear God, we’ve had other parties in honour of our friend, and they’ve been beautiful, thanks to you. We need a more beautiful one today, as we celebrate him at fifty, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
21. Father in heaven, thanks for the gift of life to our daughter and mother. Thanks for today and this party. Make this fiftieth birthday party beautiful for us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
22. Dear God, we’re here with thanks to you for everything you’ve done for your son in the past fifty years of his life and ask that you bless this party with fun and all you want it to be for us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
23. Father, fifty years is a lot and we’re thankful that your daughter has enjoyed that. We pray that our celebration of her today will leave all of us, including her, more blessed than we are now, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
24. Dear Lord, it’s a celebration of me and everything gathered here is excited to celebrate fifty years with me. Bless me, bless them and bless this party with only the best, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
25. Heavenly Father, you promised us a long life and we’re enjoying it. Thank you. Today your son is fifty and we want many blessings for him. We also want this celebration of him to be filled with fun and happiness, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
26. Dear Father, there’s a lot to thank you for. Thanks for the many years you’ve given to your son. As we celebrate fifty years of him today, give us the party of our dreams, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
27. Dear Lord, it’s been fifty years of constant blessings from you. Thank you, Lord. Give us a party better than what we planned for, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
28. Thank you, my Lord, for giving our sister fifty years of blessings. We have a long list of things we need but one we need right now is an amazing party. Give us this and more, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
29. Dear God, we thank you for the many things you’ve done for us. May this fiftieth birthday celebration be filled with excitement and may it leave us very blessed, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
30. Dear Lord, thank you for this source of joy that clocks fifty years today. Bless him very much and bless this party we put together for him with all good things, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Note: Do you know that, with just a little edit, these prayers can also be used for 60th or 70th birthday parties? You can also edit them to fit into any year.
31. Thanks be to you, dear Lord, for blessing our friend with 50 beautiful years, and thanks to you for gathering us together for the best party of our lives so far, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
32. Lord Jesus, you have blessed another one of us with 50 years of life. As we celebrate him, may our party be better than we expect and may we be blessed, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
33. Lord, you promised us beautiful thanks and you’ve given them to us. Our brother turning fifty today reminds us of that. Thanks for life. Please, bless us with a great party. today, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
34. Dear God, for everything you’ve done for us, thank you. For fifty beautiful years of our sister, thank you. May this celebration be our definition of beautiful, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
35. Thank you, Lord, for the life of our friend at fifty and for giving us a reason to gather with smiles. This celebration will be beautiful and will bring many blessings to us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
36. Dear Lord, fifty years have gone by and they have given us a lot of reasons to be happy and to give you thanks. Bless the celebrant, Lord, and bless this celebration too, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
37. Dear Jesus, thank you for blessing us with a golden age. You’ve been great to us. We have one more request: that you fill this party with your light, your fun and yourself. Amen.
38. Lord, you have been very good to us and our father for fifty years. Thank you. Make our efforts to have a great party to celebrate him to be fruitful, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
39. Our Father in heaven, thanks for gathering us safely to celebrate with our girl as she clocks fifty years. May our coming here end in a very amazing celebration, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
40. Lord, you have given us so many reasons to be thankful to you. Thanks, Lord. We also know you want us to have a beautiful celebration. Please make this fiftieth birthday party that beautiful celebration, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
41. Dear Lord, I just want to thank you for blessing my friend with fifty sweet years. Crown it by making this celebration of his life even sweeter, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
42. Thanks to you, my Lord, for giving this beautiful lady such a beautiful day to celebrate her fiftieth birthday. May this celebration make you happy and give us fun and blessings, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
43. We are happy, dear Father, that the celebration of fifty years is finally here. We thank you that we are here to be a part of it and because we know it will be a beautiful one, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
44. Dear Lord, thank you for your protection of our friend and for bringing him to fifty years. We are here to celebrate and we pray that it’s a very joyful one, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
45. God, your love for our friend is the only reason why we’re celebrating him at fifty today. Thanks to you. Give us a party we won’t forget in a hurry, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
46. Dear Jesus, thanks to you for blessing us with fifty years of our son. Thanks for the many more blessings you’ll give us. Bless our celebration today. Amen.
47. Dear Lord, the least of what we have for you today is thanks. And we thank you because we’re about to enjoy the best fiftieth birthday party ever, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
48. Thank you, Lord. You have blessed our son with fifty years and these fifty years have been awesome. May this celebration bring us much good, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
49. Dear God, thank you for blessing us with long life, for blessing our daughter with fifty years. May the celebration go smoothly, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
50. Dear Lord, thank you for giving us another reason to smile, our special friend at fifty. May this party be joyful and bring a lot of good to our friend and to us, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Just like I have said a number of times above, these opening prayers can be used outside of a 50th birthday party. They can be used for the celebration of a 60th or 70th birthday. They can be used for the celebration of any age this 2022 and beyond.
And yes! Many people need a little help before praying. You’ll be doing them a favour if you share this collection of powerful opening prayers for 50th birthday celebrations with your friends. You may be surprised who needs it.